A Safety Moment is a brief safety talk about a specific subject at the beginning of a meeting or shift. Also known as safety minutes or safety chats, these talks can be done in a variety of ways, but are typically a brief (2-5 minute) discussion on a safety related topic. They can cover a variety of safety topics and remind employees of the importance of being safe; at work, at home and in all aspects of our lives.
Including a Safety Moment at the beginning of your meeting can help bring safety issues or topics up in a timely, clear, brief, and non-threatening way. Safety Moments are designed to reinforce safety knowledge and everyone’s commitment towards a positive safety culture.
The listing of Safety Moments is general information not meant to replace departmental policy, protocol or safe work procedures, but to remind us about the importance of health and safety, help us recognize and control hazards, increase awareness and contribute to a culture of safety. Remember, there are potential hazards in all workplaces.
This listing has been created to provide employees and managers with ready access to Safety Moments for use in their meetings. We will continue to create additional Safety Moments to add to the database. Any suggestions for a Safety Moment or information on a safety topic can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rescue Guidelines When You are Alone and Fall Through the Ice (271 KB)
- Rid the Household of Head Lice (275 KB)
- Identifying Confined Spaces (252 KB)
- Before You Enter a Confined Space (255 KB)
- Working with Hearing Loss (257 KB)
- Fall Protection (256 KB)
- Ladders (Step) (253 KB)
- Violence in the Workplace (Working Late) (274 KB)
- Safe Travel (Tips for the Journey) (276 KB)
- Safe Travel (Packing Tips) (277 KB)
- Handling Suspicious Mail (284 KB)
- Check-in Procedure for Employees Who Work Alone (280 KB)
- Ergonomic Safety Rules for Moving Objects (280 KB)
- General Safety Tips (276 KB)
- Ladders (Storage and Handling) (256 KB)
- Your Mental Health (Aging) (280 KB)
- Noise Induced Hearing Loss (260 KB)
- Rescue Guidelines When Someone Falls Through the Ice (276 KB)
- Creating a Safe Workplace for Young Workers (278 KB)
- Snow Blower (Safe Operation) (277 KB)
- Stretches for the Back, Side and Legs (281 KB)
- Stretching at the Workstation (280 KB)
- Understanding Ice Strength (276 KB)
- Work Safer – Working Alone (General Information to Consider) (281 KB)
- Workplace Bullying (256 KB)