Find The Best, Worst, Catchy, Funny, Competition Winning Health and Safety Slogans, Memes and Safety Messages for Your Workplace – 2023
Does safety require more than just slogans? Read this article to gain insight into the consequences of using safety slogans.
“The use of silly and meaningless safety slogans matters, it creates a distraction and delusion that safety and risk are being addressed. We may feel good about speaking such words but they dumb down culture and distract people from taking safety seriously”. by Dr Rob Long HERE
Whilst safety slogans can be a simple awareness tool, they should be used with caution due to the unconscious messages they can send – read this article to find out more: Safety is a choice you make or try this article on the possible ineffectiveness of safety slogans in the workplace which may make you think twice about using them: Sayings, slogans and aphorisms . Whilst many safety slogans are clever and make a point, we also need to be mindful of what slogans are, their seductions and their limits. Too many people form their sense of knowledge off slogans and this is a dangerous practice.
Do you think there are better ways of communicating safety than by using safety slogans?. Think about having meaningful conversations with people and working with them on improving culture – that is much more effective than posting safety slogans everywhere. Please think about the unconscious messages you are sending when relying on this form of communication and awareness. Would you put these safety slogans up at home to remind your loved ones how to think or behave?
According to Dr Rob Long (from “Is Safety A Choice You Make“):
One of the things safety seems good at doing is developing illogical slogans and sayings. Some examples are: ‘all accidents are preventable’ and ‘safety is no accident’. The trouble is what we say affects the thinking of others and sets cultural agenda. Half of this silly stuff comes from people misunderstanding hindsight bias or not understanding the trajectory of what they are saying.
If you are still convinced that slogans for safety are a good idea then please read this article by Phil La Duke: Safety Slogans Don’t Save Lives
We’ve spent many years collecting these catchy safety slogans, quotes, messages and thought provokers from all over the internet and we think this is the world’s largest collection of the best workplace safety slogans! We know its a good list as you’ll find them copied many times by other sites 😀
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD OUR HUGE SAFETY SLOGAN COLLECTION HERE: World’s Biggest List of Workplace Safety Slogans
More Workplace Health and Safety Slogan Resources, Tips and Lists:
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Health And Safety Slogans HERE
- Road Safety Slogans
- Catchy and Funny Safety Slogans
- Famous Safety Slogans and Quotes
- Safety Acronyms
- How to write your own safety slogans
- Safety Memes
- World’s Biggest List of Workplace Safety Slogans
- Funny Safety Photos
- Researchers Reveal The Top 10 Most Effective Safety Slogans of All Time
- The Seduction of Slogans in Safety
- Top 10 Simple Things You Can Do To Dramatically Improve Safety
- Safety Slogans Don’t Save Lives
- Sayings, slogans and aphorisms
- Safety is a choice you make
- You know Where You Can Stick Your Safety Slogans
- Safety Thought Provokers
What Does Safety Slogans Mean? (From Safeopedia)
Safety slogans are statements, mottos, sentences or meaningful phrases of organizations, enterprises, groups or institutions that are displayed or printed on monograms, publications, advertisements, employee uniforms, walls, rooms, offices or other places of the organizations. These slogans remind and encourage the employees or stake holders about the importance of safety in general, or of particular instances of safety. The aim of the safety slogans are to prevent and safeguard employees or others from hazards, improve personal and collective safety and ensure better hazard control in a workplaces.
Safeopedia Explains Safety Slogans
Safety slogans are required to be attractive, memorable and include repetitive expression of an idea or drive. The slogans direct and remind people of safety as safety is often forgotten while in hurry. Such a safety slogan will give them just the amount of boost for thinking safe again. The safety slogans are often funny to add a little humor, but carry serious meanings. Some safety slogans are general, such as, ‘Safety rules are your best tools,’ or in particular, such as, ‘A fire today – no job tomorrow,’ etc.. Safety slogans and posters are available on the Internet free of charge or some may be bought for payment.
Importance of Safety Slogans
Safety slogans have been instrumental in assisting the general public to abide by safety rules. Slogans my generation will never forget include: “Only you can prevent forest fires,” “Stranger Danger,” and “Just say no (to drugs)”. My childhood safety slogans will stay ingrained in my head forever, and similar safety slogans in the workplace can help underline your safety prevention procedures. Employees may complain about “silly” or “cheesy” safety slogans, but they have proven helpful in deterring unsafe practices.
Introducing Safety Slogans to Employees
Some areas in your workplace may consistently prove to be dangerous because of employee carelessness or unsafe shortcuts. In these cases, a safety slogan my help your employees remember to follow safety protocols. For example, introducing a safety slogan like, “Safety glasses – all in favor, say EYE”, could help your employees remember to wear safety goggles in a designated area.
Introducing this new slogan is most effective in conjunction with a safety meeting. Combining a thorough meeting identifying the safety issue and introducing the one line slogan will be more effective than just introducing the slogan. After you introduce the slogan, post the slogan in the designated area. This will remind employees about the entire safety meeting in one short, simple slogan.
Enforcing the Slogan
Simply stating the slogan to an employee not following protocol will enforce the new safety procedure to that employee and surrounding employees. Getting your managers to join in the enforcement will help employees follow the new protocol as well.
Slogans that are humorous and/or rhyme often get more attention than other slogans. Some funny and catchy slogans that grab employees’ attentions include:
- Be aware, Take care
- Know safety, No Accidents
- Your good health is your greatest wealth
- Safety is free — use it generously
- If you are aware of it, take care of it
- Make safety a reality, don’t be a fatality
- A harness is better than a hearse
- Normal speed meets every need
- Hearing protection is a sound investment
- Lifting’s a breeze when you bend at the knees
- Organ donor = A person who doesn’t use his or her safety equipment
- Arms work best when attached to the body
- Hard hats, they’re not just for decoration
- Hand in, hamburger out
Wherever safety is a concern, a safety slogan can be a helpful tool in accident prevention. Introducing safety principles to employees can be effective within safety meetings and through the use of a sign. Enforcing the safety rule is simply a matter of reminding employees of the slogan. Finally, using fun, catchy slogans can encourage employees to remember the safety rule and to have fun with safety.
TOP 10 SAFETY SLOGANS:
- Safety is our No1 Priority
- Safety is No Accident
- Take 5 and Stay Alive
- The Key To Safety Is in Your Hands
- No Safety, Know Pain
- Safety Is a Choice You Make
- A spill, a slip, a hospital trip
- Safety glasses: All in favour say “Eye!”
- Safety rules are your best tools.
- Stay Alert – Don’t Get Hurt
- You are looking at the person responsible for your safety (sticker on a bathroom mirror)
SOME MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE SAFETY SLOGANS:
- “Respect the unexpected. Think through your risks.”
- Risk Makes Sense
- What do you think could go wrong and what can you do about it?
- Do your best
- Celebrate what went right
VIDEO: Top 15 Best Safety Slogans:
HOW TO WRITE YOUR OWN SAFETY SLOGANS:
Often, writing your own slogans can increase the effectiveness of your safety slogan or safety message. A safety slogan written by your company for your company reflects your individual goals, and a safety slogan specifically written by you or your staff (for free!) can appeal more to your workers – try running a safety slogan or safety message competition! For tips on how to write your own competition and award winning slogans for safety: How to write your own safety slogans
Some Tips on Creating Your Own Safety Slogans by SafetyCulture.com
Here are some tips on how to create your own safety slogans:
- Keep your slogans short.
- A short slogan can be read and remembered by an employee in a single glance, and short phrases are particularly easy to recall.
- Make the slogan focused on the situation.
- There are many available safety slogans. Choose or write a slogan related to the workplace or the risks that are present.
- Incorporate rhyming words.
- Rhyming words tend to stick more in people’s heads because our “brains tend to remember information that forms a memorable pattern.”
- Use acronyms.
- One example is “K.I.S.S. – Keep it Safe and Sound.”
- Make it catchy.
- Choose words or phrases that catches attention. It could also be funny. Use striking colors and large fonts to make your slogans more attention-grabbing.
We’ve spent a long time collecting these catchy safety slogans, quotes, messages and thought provokers from all over the internet and we think this is the world’s largest collection of the best workplace safety slogans! World’s Biggest List of Workplace Safety Slogans
A FEW CATCHY OHS SLOGANS FROM DIGICAST:
- Is better to lose one minute in life… than to lose life in a minute.
- Know safety, no injury. No safety, know injury
- Lifting’s a breeze when you bend at the knees
- While on a ladder, never step back to admire your work
- Ten fingers, Ten toes, if you are not careful then, who knows?
- Knock out… accidents
- Shortcuts cut life short
- Keep safety in mind. It will save your behind.
- A spill, a slip, a hospital trip
- Safety glasses: All in favor say “Eye!”
- If you mess up, ‘fess up
- Behind the wheel, anger is one letter away from danger.
- Chance takers are accident makers
- Housekeeping you skip may cause a fall or slip.
- It’s easier to ask a dumb question than it is to fix a dumb mistake
- Make it your mission, not to live in unsafe condition.
- Safety comes in a can, I can, You can, We can be safe.
- Safety fits like a glove; Try one on.
- Safety is a full time job – don’t make it a part time practice
- Safety rules are your best tools.
- Think smart before you start.
- When safety is first, you last.
- Electricity can turn you off.
- You can’t cure stupid
- Prepare & prevent instead of repair & repent.
- To avoid a scene keep your work place clean.
- Safety Shoes To House Your Toes; Safety Glasses on Your Nose.
SAFETY SLOGANS FROM RUSSELL T:
- The word focus might be only small, but the meaning is HUGE when it comes to safety
- A Safety Adviser is part of the team, be assured he or she isn’t always mean
- When the sun is glowing and frying your head, find some shade and water instead.
- The shutdown finishing line is in site, so keep incident free with all your might.
- The RDO’S nearly hear the rest will be Bliss, just watch what you do if you get on the Piss.
- Safety is the seam that joins the fabric of life. Don’t let a loose thread bring it all undone.
- Pull in your head when low beams are near, or your head could be forced into your rear.
- If you give somebody a hand, make sure there is a glove on it.
- If your feelin’ beat because of the heat, do what you oughta and keep drinking water.
- Use your brain. Avoid the Strain.
- When rain comes down and puddles pool, cover up – protect your tool
- Safety is the engine, and you are the key that starts it.
- If you’re not safety conscious, you could end up unconscious.SO THINK ABOUT IT!
- When working at heights and an edge is near, don’t be brave your next step could lead to a grave. Fall restraint will give you the edge to keep on living.
- A good safety culture is built over time. It is never given
SAFETY SLOGAN IDEAS FROM THE UK
This UK Company, Clarke’s Safety Mirrors, sells mirrors with safety slogans and safety messages printed on then i.e. “This is the person responsible for your safety”. This is a very old idea and I’m not sure how effective it would really be. What hidden messages do you think it may be sending? How would you really feel if you encountered one of these??? I just ignore it!
See them here: SITE SAFETY/SLOGAN MIRRORS
The UK forum “health and safety tips for beginners” has a discussion and some links you may find useful: http://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18292
SAFETY SLOGANS AND REMINDERS FROM OUR READERS:
A big thank you to all of our readers who have contributed some excellent safety slogans in the comments section at the bottom of this page.
- If you SEE something, SAY something!! If you SAY something DO something!! – Robert Morgan
- Safety is like a member of your family. Treat it with disrespect and it will leave you exposed to harm. Treat it with respect and nurture it as you go and will remain with you always – from Sue C
- SAFETY IS FREE USE PLENTY OF IT – from James P
Spanish Safety Slogans – Consignas de seguridad
- A new one from, Carlos V. Collazo, San Diego, CA From his Air Force days: “A GOOD SAFETY RECORD DOESN’T COME BY ACCIDENT”
A nice set of workplace safety slogans recently sent in by Steve Fuller, Production Specialist, from Enova Premier, Princeton, Indiana – Thanks heaps Steve:
- Working together…work safely if everyone is moving forward together and taking responsibility for their safe work environment then our safety takes care of itself.
- Visualize, Internalize and Realize that safety depends on you so focus on safety every day and you’ll find that you’re Safe actions will bring lasting satisfaction.
- There are no guarantees when it comes to safety unless you are doing your part so turn your attention to accident prevention and stay alert to the possible hazards in your work environment so that you can take steps to correct or guard against them.
- We all find ourselves in situations that at times seem hopeless. And, we all have the choice to do nothing or take action. Your actions could save lives, so don’t be a bystander when it comes to safety.
- A Great Work Practice is To Concentrate on the task(s) at hand. Distractions, boredom or fatigue can lead to accidents and other safety hazards. Always remember a danger foreseen is half avoided
- The lesson for the day is time runs out on luck; obeying safety rules will save us from having to learn this lesson the hard way.
- No project, no matter how critical, is worth a lost finger, a blinded eye, or tragic loss of life. When safety becomes the primary guideline for progress, all parties reap the rewards of a job well done and done safely.
- Lead your teams by example in following all established safety procedures for alone we can do so little, but together we can do so much.
- Prevent the worst and Put safety first, because being Safe today will keep you Alive tomorrow.
- How do you spell Safety? Safety Means Always Remember Teamwork
- Safety a culture to live by; Communication Urge Leadership Teamwork Understanding Recognition Empowerment
- OUR STRENGTH IS THE SUM OF THE INDIVIDUALS WHO WORK HERE PRACTICE SAFETY ALWAYS
- Safety is about doing the right thing, even if no one is looking, because safety starts with me!
- People, helping people all lending hands for our safety.
- The difference between a safe act and an unsafe act depends on the level of importance one places on doing what is right.
- The safety of our team members should always come before the production of our parts.
- “Winning at safety is like winning in sports. It’s not the effort of one person, but the focus and determination of the entire team working towards a common goal. You have to get out and give it your best, every single day”
- If you put good people in bad systems you get bad results so let us always remember to promote safety in all we do as to ensure our system works so our Team members will always be safe!
- When it comes to safety lets us never leave a team member behind for it is the responsibility of all that everyone goes home safe to their families.
- Although hope maybe a pleasant acquaintance, it is better to have Safety as your best friend.
- THINK SAFETY! Watch your THOUGHTS; they become WORDS.
- TALK ABOUT SAFETY! Watch your WORDS; they become ACTIONS.
- TEACH SAFETY! Watch your ACTIONS; they become HABITS.
- WORK SAFELY! Watch your HABITS; they become CHARACTER.
- LIVE SAFELY Watch your CHARACTER; it becomes your DESTINY.
- Take the extra step when it comes to safety, because if you just tell me, I may forget, If show you me, I might remember, but if you involve me I’m committed.
- Plan ahead, always put safety first.
- Because when it comes to accidents,
- Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
- But anyone can start today and make a new ending.
- Each and every one of us shares the responsibility of making sure everyone goes home to their family’s safe daily. We can achieve this by following the safety procedures that are in place, our families count on us, let’s not let them down.
- If You Know Your Eyes are Priceless then protecting them at work should always be your number one priority so make the right choice and use Eye protection always after all Your Personal Safety Depends on You!
- Living with your mistakes is harder than you think….Always remember that no matter what profession you are in, workplace safety is a concept, which should be taken seriously and followed meticulously Your Family Depends on It!
- The nice thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side. So remember Courtesy and common sense promotes safety.
- We live in a world full of uncertainties most of which we have little or no control over. Our Safety does not have to be one of those uncertainties if we work together and follow the rules.
- Take responsibility for your safe work environment. Have the strength to do the right thing every time even when it’s seems easier not to.
- Stop to think before you act. Accidents are not always the result of bad luck. They occur when someone decides – consciously or not – to take a chance. Be smart and avoid taking unnecessary risks
- Always be responsible for the safety of yourself and others.
- Always remember all accidents are preventable.
- Always follow company rules, regulations and procedures.
- Always assess the risks, Stop and think.
- Always be proactive about safety.
- Always deter from situations you’re not trained to handle.
- Always manage the lift.
- Always Be prepared.
- Always practice good housekeeping.
- Always take the safest path, never take shortcuts.
Here are a few interesting safety slogans by ChatGPT:
- Safety first, last, and always.
- Safety is no accident.
- Don’t take chances, take precautions.
- Safety begins with teamwork.
- Keep safety in mind, it will save your behind.
- Your safety is our priority.
- Be alert, accidents hurt.
- Safety rules are your best tools.
- Safety is a journey, not a destination.
- Make safety a habit.
- Safety starts with you.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- Safety doesn’t happen by accident.
- Think safety, work safely.
- Safety: it’s not just a job, it’s a way of life.
Remember, safety slogans can be a helpful way to remind people of the importance of safety in the workplace or at home, but they should always be accompanied by concrete safety measures and training.
VIDEO – TOP 10 MOST POPULAR SAFETY SLOGANS
DOWNLOAD OUR HUGE SAFETY SLOGAN COLLECTION HERE: World’s Biggest List of Workplace Safety Slogans
When will we start to see more “BE ONE PERCENT SAFER” SLOGANS?