The 23rd World Congress on Safety and Health at Work – Vision Zero Survey
Global Safety-Zero is now preparing for its next congress to be held in Sydney, where all the Australian agnostics (https://www.aihs.org.au/news-and-publications/news/what-do-when-vision-zero-new-global-line ) of zero will attend. In one of its preparations it has put forward a survey to find out (presumably) what people want to see presented at the congress. This high-quality survey (ha! ha!) is hosted on survey monkey.
When you look at all that Safety-Zero wants to know, it has all the old favourites but it has NO interest in:
- Care Ethics
- Contesting zero
- Linguistics/Language, Discourse Analysis
- Critical thinking, ideology
- Fallibility, Politics
- Excessive paperwork
- Culture of Safety
- Social Psychology
- And so much more.
This is how Zero thinks. All Zero wants is a bigger fortress and more of the same and, this is reflected in the AIHS BoK too.
Of all the topics in the survey nothing is new, there is nothing different and even the word ‘different’ gets no mention.
We all know Zero is about stasis. None of the language in the above list is in the survey and of course you can imagine both the line-up of presenters, confirmation bias overload and the ‘performance’ of Zero. I am hoping to have my new book launched before then.
And you know what will be there:
- Believe the impossible (https://safetyrisk.net/believe-the-impossible-and-speak-nonsense-to-people/ )
- No alcohol or harm (https://safetyrisk.net/no-alcohol-for-the-true-believers/ )
- Plenty of religion and salvation (https://safetyrisk.net/safety-for-true-believers/; https://safetyrisk.net/the-shape-of-belief-in-safety/ ; https://safetyrisk.net/no-evidence-for-the-religion-of-zero/ )
- Zero as a spiritual belief (https://safetyrisk.net/the-spirit-of-zero/ )
- Plenty of zero delusion (https://safetyrisk.net/zero-is-a-delusion/ )
- Cultic enthusiasm (https://safetyrisk.net/the-cult-ure-of-zero/ )
- Plenty of nonsense talk (https://safetyrisk.net/talking-zero-nonsense-to-people/ )
- Lots of non-learning (https://safetyrisk.net/you-cant-believe-in-zero-and-learning-at-the-same-time/ )
- Endless gobbledygook (https://safetyrisk.net/zero-vision-creates-mindless-gobbledygook/ )
- Unethical discourse (https://safetyrisk.net/zero-is-unethical/ )
- No vision paraded as vision (https://safetyrisk.net/zero-accident-vision-non-sense/ )
- Endless propaganda (https://safetyrisk.net/zero-vision-as-propaganda/ )
How fascinating because the open survey on this site (https://safetyrisk.net/take-the-zero-survey/ ) shows that safety people:
- 92% don’t believe in zero
- 84% believe zero is dangerous and dishonest
- 95% believe zero is unachievable
- 80% believe zero leads to bullying
- 78% believe zero is a religious ideology