177 FREE HEALTH and SAFETY CHECKLISTS
177 HEALTH and SAFETY CHECK LISTS and WORKPLACE INSPECTION Examples, Templates and Resources
Download The Free Safety Manual Template HERE: GENERIC-MANUAL-V4.doc (2183 downloads)
STOP!!! First Read About The 10 Cautions of Using Safety Checklists – HERE
Safety Checklists are a great idea as a reminder for people to perform certain tasks or to check certain things or to determine compliance with certain standards and to ensure consistency. Many use them as documentary evidence that they have a system in place to identify and control hazards and risks.
But, they should be used with caution. There are a few things to consider when developing or using checklists or workplace inspection forms. In many of his ARTICLES, Dr Rob Long cautions against developing a check list mentality – rather you should be focusing on people rather than objects. You do this by talking to them! Read: Focus on People Not Objects
Please read our article: Tips on How to Develop a Safety Checklist
The most important thing to remember about safety checklists: There is no doubt that most incidents are caused by behaviour but most checklists only check physical things and the work environment. Focus your attention on behaviours and not just things. Talk openly with the people who work in the area and they will tell you stuff that a check list never could!
Please don’t just download one of the many examples here and just put your company logo on the top and start ticking and flicking, think about your own workplace, what the safety checklist is for, who will be using it and how often.
Useful Articles About Workplace health and Safety Check lists:
A checklist for checking your use of checklists! Ten Cautions About Safety Checklists See also: Making Objects Safe or People Safe (Dr Rob Long), Risk is About People, not just Objects (Rob Sams) Whilst value of checklists is well documented by Gawande (The Checklist Manifesto) and others, there is rarely mention by proponents of the downside of …… Read the rest of the article
Sample Safety Induction Checklists One of the critical aspects of a WHS System is the Safety Induction. However, in our experience it is often poorly done. When we visit a workplace we would expect that they would go out of their way to impress with a proper induction but we usually find it is rushed, the …… Read the rest of the article
Apartment Building Safety Checklist Our 50 page Hotel and Resort checklist covers every aspect of the risks involved in these operations. With a few modifications, anyone who manages an apartment building, body corporate or residential strata building could also use this. If you would like the Word Version so you can modify it yourself then you can …… Read the rest of the article
A few decent free safety checklists from “Compliance and Safety” as found in their Directory of Free Safety Checklists in PDF & DOC Formats Food Safety Checklist OSHA Safety Checklist Workplace Safety Checklist Warehouse Safety Checklist Construction Safety Checklist Electrical Safety Checklist Fire Safety Inspection Checklist Office Safety Checklist Playground Safety Checklist Forklift Safety Checklist Crane Safety Checklist …Read the rest of the article
Some good examples of Risk Assessment Checklists
- Manual Handling Risk Management Checklist: Manual-Handling-Checklist.doc (279 downloads)
- UV Risk Assessment Checklist for Outdoor Workers: UV_Risk_Assessment_Checklist-1.doc (45 downloads)
- Electrical Safety Risk Assessment Checklist: Electrical_Equipment_Risk_Assessment_v2.0-1.doc (541 downloads)
- HSDG RA. This checklist is used to assist in conducting a risk assessment for hazardous substances and chemicals in the hairdressing, nail and beauty industry. CLICK HERE
- Machinery and Plant Risk Assessment Checklist: OHSW-Plant-Specific-Hazard-Identification.doc (127 downloads)
- This Checklist should be completed as part of the overall Risk Management Plan for Your Event: Public-Event-Risk-Management-Checklist-HD.doc (47 downloads)
- Risk Assessment Checklist for Occupational Violence: violence_checklist.pdf (47 downloads)
- Falls Risk Assessment Checklist from Vic Health: Falls-Risk-Assessment-Tool.pdf (93 downloads)
- Pre Purchase Risk Assessment Tool for Plant and Machinery from ANU: Pre-Purchase-Risk-Assessment-Checklist.pdf (48 downloads)
- Risk Assessment Checklist for Volunteer Activities from Education TAS: Volunteer-Risk-Assessment-checklist.pdf (44 downloads)
- Risk Assessment Checklist and Guidelines for Emergency Planning: National-Emergency-Risk-Assessment-Guidelines.pdf (104 downloads)
FREE CONSTRUCTION SAFETY CHECKLISTS FROM SAFETYCULTURE and their new IAUDITOR App
Download free construction workplace inspection checklist templates – we now have a free public library resource available for desktop. Previously our public library was only available within the app. You can search and download from over 63,000 checklists.
In breaking news, TECHCRUNCH reports that:
SafetyCulture, the maker of a b2b inspection checklist app called iAuditor, has pulled in a $23 million Series B funding led by Index Ventures…………..The iAuditor app aims to replace paper-based check-lists for safety inspections, to not only speed up checks and make them more efficient but also to enable companies to centralize inspection data so it can be analyzed and benchmarked, and so that risks can be flagged in real-time.
I think there will be some interesting movements in the safety auditing app industry in the very near future!
ISO 9001:2008 Checklist
General Site Inspection
Site Induction Checklist
Toolbox Meeting Form
OSHA Self Inspection
Construction Site HSE Audit UK
Volunteer Safety Checklists
- If your organisation uses volunteers and is covered by the work health and safety (WHS) laws, this checklist may be used as a guide to assist in complying with work health and safety duties. It is not a comprehensive list and there may be other actions needed to comply. VOLUNTEER SAFETY CHECKLIST
Office Safety Check lists
Free Checklists From: “Compliance and Safety“
- Disease, Hazardous Materials & Health Related Training: Food Safety Checklist
- General Workplace Safety Hazards: OSHA Safety
- Workplace Safety
- Warehouse Safety
- Construction Safety
- Electrical Safety Checklist
- Ergonomics: Office Safety Checklist
- Playground Safety Checklist
- Equipment & Machines
- Forklift Safety Checklist
- Crane Safety Checklist
- FREE CONSTRUCTION SAFETY AUDIT CHECKLIST
Workplace Safety Checklist from University of WA – Download Here
Checklists from Vic Edu Library:
- Manual Handling Procedure (PDF – 189Kb)
- Hazardous Manual Handling Risk Management Form (Word – 411Kb)
- Working at Height Procedure (PDF – 62Kb)
- Hygiene Management Procedure (PDF – 73Kb)
- Plant and Equipment Management Procedure (PDF – 274Kb)
- Plant and Equipment Risk Management Form (Word – 567Kb)
- Plant Register Template (Excel – 153Kb)
- Plant and Equipment Maintenance Form (Word – 419Kb)
- Ergonomics Procedure (PDF – 172Kb)
- Screen Based Workstation Ergonomic Risk Management Form (PDF – 254Kb)
- Confined Space Procedure (PDF – 73Kb)
- Hot Work Procedure (PDF – 64Kb)
- Electrical Equipment Procedure (PDF – 161Kb)
- Electrical Equipment Register (Word – 433Kb)Isolation and Tag Out Procedure (PDF – 363Kb)
- Tag Out Register (Word – 425Kb)
- Hazardous Building Materials Procedure (PDF – 51Kb)<
- Chemical Management Procedure (PDF – 72Kb)
- Chemical Register – Primary (Excel – 4.5Mb)
- Chemical Register – Secondary (Excel – 541Kb)
- Chemical Register – Specialist (Excel – 4.5Mb)
- Chemical Register – Office (Excel – 4.5Mb)
- Chemical Register – Blank Template (Excel – 4.5Mb)
- Traffic Management Procedure (PDF – 123Kb)
- Traffic Management Plan (Word – 465Kb)
- Workplace Inspection Procedure (PDF – 86Kb)
- Workplace Inspection Checklists (Excel – 275Kb)
- OHS Risk Management Procedure (PDF – 277Kb)
- OHS Risk Register (Excel – 1.7Mb)
- Task Based Risk Management Form Template (Word – 941Kb)
- Safe Work Procedure (PDF – 195Kb)
- Safe Work Procedure Template (Word – 436Kb)
- Hazard & Incident Reporting Procedure (PDF – 69Kb)
- Incident Notification to WorkSafe Flowchart (PDF – 33Kb)
General Checklists and Registers from “Everything OHS”
- A Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Register for Employees A PPE register to keep track of what has been issued to staff and when.
- AS4801 Audit Tool – you will have to get this from their website yourself http://www.workplace-safety.com.au/diy-templates.html – please be aware of copyright breaches
- Basic Induction Checklist A basic induction checklist used to inform new staff members of the workplace.
- Contractor/Visitor Attendance Record A contractor/visitor attendance record to keep track of who enters the workplace and when.
- Employee qualification and licence record An employee qualification and licence record form to keep track of employees licences and when they expire.
- Forklift Pre Operation Checklist A forklift pre operation checklist with all the basic checks that must be completed each day by the forklift operator and kept for audit purposes.
- Record of OHS meetings A form to keep minutes of OHS meetings
- Signage Audit Tool A signage audit tool is used to identify signage requirements in the workplace.
- Training Attendance Record A training attendance record is important to keep as it confirms staff have been trained.