Social Politics of Risk Masterclass Module 14
The Centre for Leadership and Learning in Risk is please to announce the delivery of Module 14, The Social Politics of Risk Masterclass.
You can download the overview and register here: https://cllr.com.au/product/the-social-politics-of-risk-unit-14/ .
The best place to hold such a workshop would surely be in Canberra. In this workshop we will:
· Participate in the interactive learning activity Polistown
· Meet with a politician and talk about politics
· Visit Parliament House and Semiotic Walk
· Visit Museum of Australian Democracy
· The Dress Code for Empire
· Undertake an audit of political artefacts and semiotics
· Work though the SPoR Social Politics Audit Tool in situ
· Learn about Archetypes in Social Politics
· Study the dynamics of social influencing
· Study the Dismissal of the Whitlam Government
· Study: Technique, Propaganda, Imperialism, Marxism, Pragmatism, Utilitarianism, Critical Theory, Imperialism, Fundamentalism, Conspiracy Theories, Hegemony, Ideology, Power, Subversion and Political Illusion.
· Examine an ethic of risk and safety
· Explore The Political Unconscious (Jameson)
All with a view to how politics affects human judgment and decision making in risk.
A large amount of time will be experiential in-class activity, an after dinner speaker on the 16th and three visits and journaling. Participants will receive a Social Politics of Risk conversation audit tool as well as the poster on Social Influencing.