Originally posted on March 16, 2014 @ 7:26 AM
Second Student Group Social Psychology of Risk
Risk and Group Two has completed the Introduction to the Social Psychology of Risk.
Group Two is pictured right.
As with the first group there was a wonderful diversity of people from: BHP Billiton, Lend Lease, General Mills, Raytheon, Jemena, Borealis (from Austria), West Farmers, Thiess, Parsons Brinkerhoff, Sydney Trains and more. The group were inspired by the nature of the course, its practical application, learning climate and the unique opportunity to study in this new discipline. Everyone left on the final day keen to apply their new learning to their workplace and progress maturity in the management of risk in their organisation.
The many highlights in the program include:
1. The Day Workshop on ‘Risk as a Wicked Problem’ with Craig Ashhurst (PhD at ANU).
2. Intensive group work in tackling practical issues in the social psychology of risk:
3. Presentations from all the students:
4. The experiential spacial and visual literacy walk:
5. Workshops with Dr Long on the critical thinking, learning methodology and social psychology of risk principles:
6. The evening dinner presentation with Alan Castle (Superintendent AFP) and Phil Bevan (Majura the Magician):
Each group is now in progress towards completing the Post Graduate Certificate in the Psychology of Risk at ACU. Most expect to progress to Post Graduate Diploma and Masters, with one student already commencing a PhD.
There are already plans and invitations to take the program to New Zealand and Europe with some organisations seeking to undertake the program (customized) in house as a Leadership in the Social Psychology of Risk program.
The next intake for enrolments is 2015 or by in-house program. Numbers are limited so as to maximize engagement with Dr Long and the program.
Michael from Austria said he had been looking for a program in the Social Psychology of Risk across the world which led him to take the flight and join the group. The program moves to Europe next year in response to demand so, keep posted for announcements for September.
If the program is of interest to you or, you want to secure a place for 2015 or, if you wish to discuss an in-house program (accredited or non-accredited) contact:
Dr Long email@example.com or
Brad Markham (University Convener) Brad.Markham@acu.edu.au