Preventing bath fatalities
1. Never (not even for a second) leave a child under five in the bath unattended.
2. Never leave water in the bath unattended.
3. An adult must supervise and not older children.
4. Feel the water with your elbow
5. Have everything you need – if you forget something – take the child with you – don’t risk drowning over a washer.
Drowning is the major cause of death in children under 5. It is a quiet death and it happens so easy because the children are top heavy and they lose balance.