Submit a Guest Article to this Safety Blog
Now Accepting Quality, Expert Guest Posts – Contribute Relevant Articles to our Site
Health and Safety Risk Management now has a daily audience of over 20,000 and to keep this huge monster well fed we are now accepting quality articles from guest authors. You can imagine the number of requests we get everyday for guest postings so please understand how selective we have to be in order to maintain quality and our readers loyalty. What we have written below may sound arrogant and rude but we have to make this very clear and an author worthy of publishing here would not be offended.
PLEASE DON’T WASTE TIME SENDING ARTICLES ABOUT SIMPLE, BASIC SAFETY STUFF, SPUN FROM WIKIPEDIA AND WRITTEN BY PEOPLE WHO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE TOPIC – THESE ARE AN INSULT OUR DISCERNING READERS AND ACHIEVE NOTHING BUT GETTING LINKS BACK TO YOUR SITE – THESE ARTICLES ARE REJECTED INSTANTLY! IF YOU ARE JUST WRITING AN ARTICLES FOR A LINK BACK THEN PLEASE GO ELSEWHERE.
We only accept guest article written by reputable business owners and industry experts. Your article must be sent via your company email address. Any requests or articles sent on a @gmail or @hotmail account or similar will be ignored.
If you have a website that is tailored to Health and Safety or Risk Management Information, Products and Services or have a website that is somehow related or relevant to these fields, or if you have no website but would just like to share some useful info then we would like you to submit an article that we may publish on this site. Please take a moment to read the criteria below so that neither your time, nor ours, is wasted by submissions that do not fit the strict requirements.
NOTE: We will only publish articles that point to your website, which is high quality (i.e., not spammy, junk filled, etc.) or another site where there may be additional resources offering information that a Safety or Risk Management Practitioner or someone studying or with an interest in those fields would find useful. In other words, don’t bother submitting an article with links to a site which has nothing to do with the theme of this website (including Personal Injury Lawyers!). We are not interested in fluffy, waffly articles that do nothing for our readers intelligence and only provide back links for you. We also don’t accept articles that have links to sites promoting porn, gambling, money-making, illegal, or unethical activities.
Requirements to Submit an Article:
- Are you a recognized expert or practitioner? Can we post your photo and legitimate information in your author Bio box? If not then please don’t submit your article.
- 99% of articles we get sent are just simplistic, basic safety stuff that anyone with a job would already know – our readers are educated and experienced safety people and I would offend them with this stuff – we want expert articles with humor, opinion, controversy – stuff that will get people thinking and debating.
- High quality, well written, article with information relevant to the topic.
- Please be aware of the quality of your initial email to us – we use that to reject 90% of requests – check your spelling and grammer!.
- We are very wary of people who use @gmail or @hotmail accounts and will probably ignore your request
- Please don’t add a stupid bio using a false name or false expertise.
- Article has to be UNIQUE and NOT PUBLISHED ELSEWHERE now, or in the future. We will check to see if this is the case, so don’t waste your time sending us a recycled article, we get punished by Google for any duplicate content. If we find it has been published elsewhere before or in the future it will be deleted. If you are an expert in the field then it is not hard to come up with something original.
- Around 500 – 1000 words – we don’t want any boring white papers. Images (not copyright) are always highly desirable
- Please include a relevant, quality title for your article as this will be the main thing Google will index.
- Written in English with proper grammar, punctuation, good keywords etc. If the article is crap, don’t bother submitting it, as it WILL NOT be accepted.
- We can’t accept blatant product reviews, service marketing or site reviews. The article should be about how your product or service can assist anyone involved with Health and Safety or Risk Management.
- No self promotion of your website or product in the article. That is what the author’s resource box is for.
- We reserve the right to make editorial changes to your article, if needed. The higher the quality of your article, the less chance of this happening. Of course, we don’t accept poorly written articles, so only small changes would be made, if any at all.
Subject Matter to Submit a Guest Post About:
All articles must be related to Health and Safety or Risk Management, including related products and services that help those involved. It is a very broad topic but examples might be:
- Current issues in safety and risk
- Psychology of Safety and Risk
- Safety Success Stories
- Safety Culture
- Safety Leadership
- Training and Induction
- OHS Systems and Auditing
- Safety Tools – checklists, SWMSs, risk assessments
- Fire Life Safety
- Plant and Equipment Safety
- What’s New
- Personal Protective or other Safety Equipment
- Contingency Planning
- Safety Committees
- Incidents and Hazard Alerts
- Legislation and Standards
- Industry Specific – Mining, Construction, Retail etc
- Any other Safety and Risk Management related subjects
Author’s Resource Box/Links:
- You can have a link pointing back to your website
- You may have one link within the body of the article with the other link in the authors’ bio box or,two links in the article.
- Please include a brief author’s bio that tells the readers a little about yourself. Please just a brief two or three sentences is plenty.
- At our discretion, we may add one or two links to the body of your article pointing to a relevant page on our website.
How to Submit a Guest Article:
We don’t have time to negotiate, review or edit so if you have met all the above criteria then simply email your article (in Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org – we will advise you when it has been published or if it wont be. Images can be sent as attachments.