What is a Safety Spud?
Lets look at a few more spud head activities in risk and safety:
1. Coming on to site saying there is a safety issue when in fact there’s no such thing, it’s a political issue.
2. ‘Falling apart’ when people make choices that we think are stupid because they won’t do as we ‘tell’ them. Then we put on the angry face and think that overpowering others creates ownership.
3. Putting on the zero harm face, presenting statistics, knowing it has nothing to do with culture, risk or safety.
4. Putting on the superman (hazardman) suit and pretending to be the saviour of everything, this is good spud head cynic stuff.
5. Thinking that everyone else is a spud head except me.
6. Thinking there’s such a thing as ‘common’ sense and using such mythology to blame and label others.
7. Accepting safety policies and processes that dehumanize others.
8. Blaming, ego-seeking, grandstanding and territory protecting behind the mask of safety.
9. Thinking that risk and safety is simple when in fact it is a wicked problem. Denying complexity and putting your spud head in the sand.
10. Continually repeating the nonsense language and discourse of risk aversion that misdirect people about risk, safety, learning and imagination.