Construction Safety Induction Card replacement

Construction Safety Induction Card replacement

Workcover NSW call centre statistics show that “Construction Induction Card replacement” is the number 1 reason why people call their Help Centre.

If you have lost your Construction Induction Card, here is where to get help in each State with card replacement:


Where can I obtain a copy of the application form?

Application forms can be accessed from the link below.

  • Application for a Construction Induction Card

Where do I need to go to apply for a new or replacement card?

Applications can be made in person at the Office of Regulatory Services at 255 Canberra Ave Fyshwick or can be mailed to Office of Regulatory Services at GPO Box 158, Canberra ACT 2601.

How long will it take to be provided with a replacement card if I lose it?

The Office of Regulatory Services will endeavour to produce a card and send it to you within 7 days of receiving a full application through the mail.  However, if you attend the office at 255 Canberra Avenue Fyshwick, the card can be replaced over the counter by completing an application form, producing appropriate identification and making a payment.


General construction induction training (previously known as blue card)

I have lost my general construction induction card what do I do?

All general construction induction records are kept by the registered training organisation (RTO) that originally issued the card. To replace a lost card you should contact your RTO. If you have a copy of your certificate of attainment, from your course, you are able to take this to any RTO and they can issue you a replacement card for a fee.

Find an RTO for general construction safety induction training.

If your training organisation has ceased operation your records may be accessed by contacting Training Services on 1300 369 935.

Find out more about general construction induction training.


If you have lost or damaged your construction induction card you will need to complete the application form below, ensuring all details are provided, and forward it to Workplace Standards Tasmania with the application fee.

Replacement card application form (GF017)

If you require assistance or have further enquiries please contact the Helpline


Phone: 1300 366 322 (Inside Tasmania)
(03) 6233 7657 (Outside Tasmania)
Fax: (03) 6233 8338


Have you lost your Green/White Card or do you need a replacement ?  Replacement Cards are available from WorkCover NSW.  Phone: 13 10 50

A form is available called Replacement of a WorkCover NSW Induction Certificate is on their web page

The catalogue number for this form is #1315


An employer must accept any of the following things as evidence that you have done construction induction training:

  • a ‘red card’, which shows that the person completed the previous Victorian Construction Industry Basic Induction Course which existed before 1 July 2008
  • a construction induction card, issued by WorkSafe following successful completion of induction training by an RTO (scheduled to commence in May 2008)
  • a construction statement of attainment issued by an RTO, pending processing of a construction induction card, or
  • recognised evidence of construction induction training (e.g. a statement or card issued under similar requirements in another Australian state or territory)
I’ve got a red card. Can I still use it?

Yes. A red card issued before 1 July 2008 is recognised evidence that you have completed construction induction training in Victoria. You do not need to obtain a new card.

I used to have a red card but I’ve lost it. What do I need to do?

Please contact the RTO that issued your original red card to request a replacement.

Do you have any thoughts? Please share them below