Certificate, Diploma and Masters Studies in SPoR
The Centre for Leadership and Learning in Risk (https://cllr.com.au/) accredits the only studies in the Social Psychology of Risk (SPoR) globally. There are 22 modules of study on offer with the modules 1-4 forming the foundation of the Introductory Certificate. Once 4 modules have been completed then any other modules can be chosen for the completion of a diploma (8 modules) and Master in SPoR (12 modules or equivalent).
However, the accreditation is not the main positive but rather the new knowledge and disposition toward risk one will achieve through such study.
· You can see all the modules on offer here: https://cllr.com.au/elearning/
· All modules can be studied in groups or individually and are offered online.
· You can download a full prospectus here: https://cllr.com.au/register-to-study/cllr-prospectus/
The obligations for study are to watch recorded videos of classes, keep a reflection journal, completion of homework and practical enactment exercises and a series of Zoom sessions with Dr Long and Dr Ashhurst.
Once 4 modules have been completed you receive a certificate of completion and attainment (example below) and a record of study signed by Dr Long and Dr Ashhurst. Included in the validation of studies is a record of newly achieved Body of Knowledge (download map here: https://spor.com.au/downloads/posters/ ).
An example of course validation includes a list such as the following:
- Understanding the SPoR Body of Knowledge
- Demonstrated dialectical and critical thinking at advanced level
- Understanding SPoR dynamics, culture and risk
- Advanced understanding of semiotics and semiosis
- An holistic understanding of ergonomics
- The application of SPoR to leadership intelligence
- Understanding of the collective unconscious, culture and risk
- Understanding theories of learning and development
- Critical thinking in investigations and human decision making in risk
- The nature of risk amplification
- Advanced understanding of the unconscious in communication
- The diagnostics and dialectics of risk
Skill development includes:
- iCue Listening
- Skills in dialogue
- SEEK approach to incident investigations
- Sensitivity to semiotics and linguistics
- Understanding the unconscious and collective unconscious
- Assessment in Holistic Ergonomics
- MiProfile Risk Diagnostics
- Assessment of risk amplification
- Understanding Due Diligence, Social Politics and Ethics
- Enhancing Transdisciplinarity in risk
- Cultural diagnostics
- Critical thinking
The costs of this study is approximately one third of university studies and offers participants a record of knowledge shared by few in the risk and safety industry.
Participants obtain access to all Dr Long and Dr Ashhurst’s Intellectual Property including: all 10 books, an extensive collection of resources offered through Dropbox, access to over 350 passcoded videos and membership to the SPoR support network. The network includes hundreds of people and dozens of organisations currently using SPoR methods in their workplaces, in Australia and globally. Over 50 people who have completed more than 12 modules of study including those in USA, Canada, Middle East, Europe and Australia. It usually takes 8-12 months to complete 4 modules.
If you are interested in learning in SPoR please contact Dr Long for further information firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0424547115 to chat about options for you or your organization.