Behavior Based Safety Resources
Thanks to our friends at the new safetyawakenings.com website, we’ve come across this website put together by Scott Geller Ph.D, a long time researcher, consultant and proponent of BBS. We’ve never been fans of BBS and all the fundamentalists and slick consultants that it has produced and made rich. I challenge anyone to try and predict how I am going to behave in any given situation…….and then try and change it! But there are many advocates and I respect their beliefs.
Anyway, if you are a believer then you are sure to enjoy reading through over 180 articles on the subject of Behavior Based Safety – then go back and keep bashing your head against the brick wall!
You will find all of these articles here: http://www.safetyperformance.com/Resources/Articles.asp
Here is a sample from the site:
- Addressing Ergonomic Hazards through Behavioral Observation and Feedback.pdf
- Behavioral Safety (BBS) Case Study with Ensign.pdf
- Behavioral Safety (BBS) Improves Safety Culture.pdf
- Behavior Based Safety – The Next Step in Injury Prevention.pdf
- Beyond Observation and Feedback – Integrating Behavioral Safety Principles into Other Safety Management Systems.pdf
- Case Study – A Tale of Safety.pdf
- Case Study – Employee-Driven Behavioral Change Improves Safety at Olympic National Park.pdf
- Case Study – Koch Refining Uses Total Safety Culture Principles to Improve Safety.pdf
- Case Study – Peer-to-Peer and Self Observations Assist Law Enforcement at Olympic National Park.pdf